Yum! yum!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Indonesian Look-Alike $trikes it rich!


Indonesian Ilham Anas strikes it rich as a lookalike of US President-elect Barrack Obama with his toothy smile, oversized ears and cropped black hair.The photographer is already a celebrity in Obama's former hometown of Jakarta but his fame looks set to reach new heights abroad after the first african-american US president is inaugurated later on Tuesday.

"I will take all the opportunities that come my way, as long as they don't violate ethical codes and my personal values," Anas told AFP.

A Filipino drug company has cast Anas in a commercial showing him dressed as Obama visiting the Philippines, and he has also received marketing offers from Indonesian and South Korean companies.

The lanky 34-year-old from West Java will make an appearance on Indonesia's premier talk show Bukan Empat Mata (Not Four Eyes) to coincide with Obama's inauguration in Washington.

"I see my resemblance to Obama as a blessing. I used to look at the mirror and I had a negative perception of myself."

But he said he would not like to become an official body-double for Obama.

"I don't want to get shot," he explained.

Ilham Anas bares a striking resemblance to the president-elect Barack Obama in this recent commercial. Watch it at - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s--_zRBBmSw

No comments:

Post a Comment